Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello everyone, this is Carolyn and this is my first post here, and tho I have not been as active as I have meant to be in the collective, given that my new novel's coming out in a few days, I have been talking to Timmie about collaborating -- which I'm very excited about! I haven't collaborated with a visual artist before -- and today am mailing off my two books to her and working on some story ideas that she can play around with. Right now I'm writing about a girl with a compass for a heart. Here is a little snippet.

Once, in the center of a wild, tangled forest, the kind full of creatures with glittering eyes, there lived a girl with a compass for a heart.

She did not know how she had gotten there. Or where she had been before.

She lived in the trunk of a tree, and ate acorns and berries and grass, and braided flower stems into ropes.

She ran through the leaves that littered the ground, and her heart went in circles, from north to south to east to west, and then back again.


I hope to make the March meeting but may be bogged down with bookly matters. But April and May and June I will be staying up at the Grail with Massie and Marcie and I can't wait to sit around a table with these brilliant ladies again, hearing all their plots and schemes and up-to-no-goods.

Love
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment