Saturday, May 30, 2009

So Much Depends: A Little Peep-in-Progress


***

Hello, all! I'm so excited by all the activity: The shed renovations, the photos of work-in-progress, the general buzz increasing as the exhibition date draws near. So exciting! I wanted to share a little work-in-progress from my studio in California as I can't be at the meetings, in person. I also just wanted to share a general "Woot, woot" of excitement as this meshing of marvelous things all come together in this show and community; a women's art collective of multidisciplinary artists with a first show in a communal art space (and updated barn/ shed) in the beauty of the Hudson River. I mean really, how incredibly meaningful and just darn lovely.

I am wrestling it out with Photoshop and it's quite an even fight but I think that ultimately, I might just win! Designing, redesigning, configuring, reconfiguring I finally have all the backgrounds done and the layout re-reconfigured. Above is a snidbit of the first page of my handmade book, though now I'm going to print the photograph separate from the red sweater background, then sew the two together with thread. The other 8 pages will look similar, though different images, different lines of the poem, different latitude/ longitude locations, and then all the pages bound together into one cohesive book. Perhaps some deer image-transfers on the back pages. (Little collage deer heads will also be tucked into the edges of the foreground photo.) Phew! Just wanted to share.

xoxo,
k.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to performing at the Festival June 27th. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete