Saturday, August 15, 2009

So, I don't have much to report right now.  I just returned for teaching art summer camp in Pennsylvania.  That was a great experience and I hope to develop something career-wise from it BUT I can't wait to get started on our new project.

 ARCHETYPES based on STILLMAN SISTERS 

I must admit I have not done any research or had the chance to read any of the other member's research but I can say, the Stillman Sisters at one time owned the estate the Grail at Cornwall-on-Hudson is now located.  They have been refer to as "spinsters" yet seem to be very inspiring women.  Who were very involved in the arts.  Just my kind of ladies!

I would also like to report I spoke to my sister, Heather Sincavage-another one of our members, and she is working very hard to include us, One Stone Collective, in the women's identity events she is working on in conjunction with Lehigh University.  All of her programming will be going on during Women's History month, April, in Bethlehem, PA.  Heather was looking for a possible venue for us to be able to show our new works for that month.  That means, if this happens, we need to get our works together by the 3rd week of March so we can get into all the publicity and set up our works and hopefully put together a formal show brochure.  All of this is still pending and Heather is waiting to see if a budget is approved.  Once the school year begins we should know more on this front...

One more thing, Heather missed our last meeting because she was at an incredible women's funeral, Bernadette Cozat.  Heather had worked with Bernadette and 21 other women to create a piece/grant regarding their identities.  While meeting with this particular women, she had mentioned opening a lecture for a women's group in NYC kinda like this:
 "If you cannot look within the mirror and see Isis, Gaia, Athena or any goddess then it is time to find her.  It is not until YOU see your divinity that other people can recognize it."
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment