Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Temporary Studio at EFA





























I have been awarded a 2 week residency program through the Elizabeth Foundation for the Art Project Space, conceived by Director, Michelle Levy. A Studio Residency for New York City Arts Works was basically a residency for artists who are arts administrators and have served the artistic community through their administrative roles for over 6 years. Basically, myself and 7 other artists got the privilege to work in the EFA
gallery in a collective studio environment. It really has proved to been a great experience that I sorely miss. During my time at the residency, I continued to explore ideas of masking and facades through layered masking tape drawings and through thickly impastoed paintings utilizing cake tips and decorating bags filled with oil or acrylic paint. I was interested in exploring how decoration relates to meaning and value. Here are some shots of the studio space and some works. Now I am in the process of settling back into my former studio.

Other Residency Participants:
Tova Carlin
Sean Carroll
Paul Clay
Chantel Foretich
Felicity Hogan
Sebastien Sanz de Santamaria
Amber Hawk Swanson

For more info, please visit: http://www.efanyc.org/residency-blog/

1 comment:

  1. Bea, this looks like it was a great experience! How did the reception go? What are you working on now?

    ReplyDelete