Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Denver Blog

Perhaps we should investigate black holes and/or outer space as a future theme for the collective...I would absolutely dig it. As a far away member of the group, I am excited to join the blog so I can feel connected! I have many ideas swirling aroung concerning the artwork, which I believe will be a figurative sculpture. Carolyn has contacted me and we have agreed to collaborate, which is a truly fetching idea. I think Carolyn and I may be in parallel dimensions with Massie as our portal. That's my silly way of saying we know all about each other through Massie but have never met. I loved Carolyn's website, and that has given me some indications about apprpriate imagery, although I am sure I will twist things to be a bit darker. The sculpture will be mixed media, beginning at the bottom with patent leather black mary janes and transforming into other materials as it grows upward. Carolyn's work will inspire the direction from there, and I plan to incorporate her text into the sculpture itself. Oh yes, the theme: her heart is a compass...I think she is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment