Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meghan's Research...

... or lack there of.
Okay, so I admit it, I haven't spent a lot of time researching the Stillman's or archetypes the last few weeks. I took a look at the painting of the sisters at The Brooklyn Museum


Other than that I've been doing some mental research. I've been thinking about dichotomy's and 2 halves to a whole and those sort of thoughts that were all inspired by the sisters painting, and by knowing the one sister went on to be Thayers' model of an angel in his later work. So I've been thinking about good and evil, heaven and hell, left and right.

But I am looking forward to finding out more about the sisters. I can't wait for our historical society trip!
But one thing I haven't been able to find: what were the sisters names? I'm guessing one was Bessie G. Stillman, but that is only speculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment