Monday, February 15, 2010

Finishing things is good

Trust me!!
I've been working tirelessly on my pieces for the show. And last nite, on Valentines' Day, a day of love, I finished a piece I love, in a technique that is near and dear to my heart. <3 <3
The Knitted portrait of a WWII Factory Worker is now complete. All the yarn ends have been woven in, and it is currently sitting pinned out on a foam rubber square drying from it's blocking process, which in knitting sets the stitches.
Here is a shot of it freshly pinned and sprayed early this morning.
Plus, the quilted piece is stitched together, waiting to have the quilting stitches done, and then the hand stitching details.
Though this weekend I tried my hand at quilling, since it is the one technique I'm using for this project that I've never done before. I made this flower and turned it into a card.
I'm feeling frantic and worried that the days are counting down, but things are moving forward and all I can do is do my best work.

Happy making to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Meghan!!! Looks great! I'm sure you are frazzled but you always come through in the end. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job as a quilling newbie! Your knitted portrait is fascinating. Best wishes on getting everything done in time.

    ReplyDelete