Saturday, December 19, 2009

denver blog


archetype: crazy cat lady
this polytych is IN PROGRESS!
4 canvases measuring a total of 48x48 inches
mixed media (collage and acrylic paint)

Dear One Stone Collective,
I am very happy to participate in this collective. I do hope one day to see you all in person! I does not look like I will be able to come to PA in the spring, but my art will be there. And it will be finished, unlike the example I am posting.

I chose this archetype because I live it everyday. I have a beyond normal affinity for cats. I could give you the grisly details of my cat infatuation/love, but most likely I would write much more than anyone would care to read.

My paintings contain many personal mementos as collage material, propelling this art from a mere representation of an archetype into a meaningful self portrait. Meaningful to me...hopefully engaging to viewers.

Meow!
Love,
Timi

2 comments:

  1. this is looking interesting, timi. i'm curious to see how it evolves. how many cats do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain we will meet one day...Looking forward to seeing your piece.

    ReplyDelete