Saturday, April 4, 2009

Post For Corey

I've been thinking about 'compass' as scribing a circle or creating a boundary. I've been looping industrial felt strips to create spirals and circles. (They will eventually be sewn together but are pinned for the moment.) My idea is to arrange each individual circle into a larger giant circle. I'm excited to bring the work to the Grail and install it because my studio is too small to make the giant circle. Right now the piece looks more like one of those tire obstacle courses and I literally have to run through it to get from one end of my studio to the other. I'm still not sure where at the Grail the piece would fit best. I'm hoping for some thoughts and suggestions from all of you.

As a warm up to my studio practice, I've been making mandala drawings. I started doing this before joining One Stone, but thought there was a definate connection between the drawings and the compass project. I'm not planning on showing the drawings but thought you might enjoy seeing my train of thought.

Until next time,
Corey




No comments:

Post a Comment