Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rainy Days of Ripping Red

So it's raining tonite. Lots of rain. Seems like we keep getting rain. But with the rain comes time inside. Time inside is leading me to ripping the pile of red fabric I have into strips to start making some of the sections of my "Big Red Net of Life" or at least that is the working title.
So for said BRNoL I plan on taking the red strips of fabric, plastic, rope, yarn etc. and using it to make sections that will show the interconnections of our path through life and the places we go.
I also want to incorporate all the the knot tying techniques from various cultures that I've learned. Using them to represent the ways that we intermingle with the environment around us, and it becomes a part of us.
So with all that said, I guess I should get back to the pile of red fabric and scissors, right?

See all of you who can make it this weekend at The Grail for the next meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment