Monday, March 9, 2009

Speaking in Code

So I went off on a bit of a tangent this week.  

I have been interested in Morse Code for a little while now but it resurfaced when I was doing research on ships for my One Stone piece.  I decided to play with it a little using my typewriter and old catalogs.  It's all part of the idea that old technology makes way for new and then is lost.  But when I take the train from Cornwall to New York City the route is lined by old telegraph wires with their blue and green glass caps and I can almost hear the clickity-clack of someone tapping long ago.  STOP.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marcie,

    this collage is absolutely gorgeous! did you cut out the chairs and paste them in by hand or by photoshop? so lovely...

    xoxo,
    k.

    ReplyDelete