Monday, January 11, 2010

In Flux




Just when you think you're on the right path, Life pulls on the brakes and you find yourself making a U-turn. Or so it seems with me and Life at the moment. The New Year started off on a high note. I was feeling settled, safe and thankful. The previous year was pure chaos with many hills and valleys. I found myself holding my breath and wondering often, "What next?" The road seemed to even out over the holidays and the sun even peaked out from behind the clouds...I thought I spied a silver lining. And maybe I still do. Maybe Life is saying,"Well you tried plan A and it has brought you back to the same place. Why don't you try plan B this time?" Plan B takes a lot of courage though. Plan B involves mango trees, island time and immigration. I'm happy I have my artwork to distract me and my collective members to encourage me. The road is going to be a bit bumpy the next couple of months, but I'm trying to enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Life is all about taking chances when they come. You tried the safe road, go for the unexpected one. Either way, it's worth it to consider.
    Plus, think of all the new things that will inspire you if you made the move. It seems like this year is more about new opportunities for the OSC... so try the new road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree meghan. it's just scary. but both jo and i agree that we would thrive down there. i want to start a healing arts center with yoga retreats and OSC artwork featured in the gallery. jomo wants to make green buildings. we could have land a plenty and a dog and a few goats too. hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ackee and mangoes and a place to visit. Hard choices lie ahead. We would miss you sorely and support you in any decision you make. Please let us know if you need anything AT ALL. We are here for you guys.

    ReplyDelete