Monday, January 11, 2010

A Productive Morning...

.... Leads to warm fuzzy feelings of moving forward.
So far today:
-I bought color cards and color knitting books from knitpicks. This yarn is the perfect weight and has a huge selection of colors, so I'm sure to find just what I'm looking for!
-A flower press that you put in the microwave to dry and press in one step, and they say the color retention is good. I'm now thinking that if I pre-press and dry the petals they will be easier to manipulate into my image. Now I just need to decide on the proper backing material and finishing coat. But I have a friend asking a friend who works in the floral design field for an professional opinion, so let's hope for a good answer!
-Plus i got some quilling paper and 2 books from amazon too, so i now have my materials for that piece too and I was totally inspired by this quilled typography that DJ sent me the link to

Plus the fact that as of this weekend I have the final layouts for each of the 5 portraits, which means I can start the pieces. Time to pick one, and begin. I'm thinking of starting with the embroidered one, since I have all of the materials here. Once I get the outlines penciled onto the fabric, it's just hours worth of stitching to go.

Hope everyone else is starting to feel that forward momentum towards their goals for this show!
-Meghan

4 comments:

  1. rock on meghan! i'm curious to see the sketches of your portraits. see you sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in this microwave flower press!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coral, if it's here in time, I could bring it to CT when we are all there... who knows, there might be an occasion for which you may want to dry some flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete